I have been searching for a open source CMS based on Python for a while, and I think I found it: http://code.google.com/p/instant-press/
The feature set looks impressive, especially working with AppEngine. I will report back late on my findings.
- Free and Open Source
- Manage articles, posts, and pages
- Manage users, categories, links, comments, uploads, styles
- Change logo, and front page without editing source code.
- Comments can be disable, or use disqus as comment system.
- Many widgets: addthis, last posts, links, tags, categories, archives.
- WYSIWYG editing, using CKeditor
- Multiple register method: Recaptcha, Confirm by mail, etc.
- Using html5boilerplate.com best practices baked in: cross-browser normalization, performance optimizations as a base template.
- Customize, come with 2 layout ready. Make your own customization. See customization.
- Developed in pure python using web2py as a framework.
- Ajax, use jquery and jquery-ui.
- Visual notifications.
- Feed articles and comments.